That is one happy momma. She hatched out 2 chickies and then as others have success we take their chicks and give them to this mom. I did not know that the other hens might eat the chicks if not kept in a confined area. So I am pleased to introduce you to Chrissy, Tux, Zipper and Sparkle. Sparkle was just discovered this morning. It is fun to see the different colors. 2 Grey, one black and one buff. There are still many eggs still being incubated, and time will tell if we add to our numbers. 21 days is a long time to be off your feed. We give the mom food and water in her "birthing room".Friday, June 10, 2011
Here Chick, Chick,Chick
That is one happy momma. She hatched out 2 chickies and then as others have success we take their chicks and give them to this mom. I did not know that the other hens might eat the chicks if not kept in a confined area. So I am pleased to introduce you to Chrissy, Tux, Zipper and Sparkle. Sparkle was just discovered this morning. It is fun to see the different colors. 2 Grey, one black and one buff. There are still many eggs still being incubated, and time will tell if we add to our numbers. 21 days is a long time to be off your feed. We give the mom food and water in her "birthing room".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment