Well, the girls have been trying to get me knitting and I am a slow learner, or maybe I just didn't want to work on a scarf because that is all I ever make. So good friend Patricia came over yesterday and showed me how to do a wash cloth half way. So I learned how to yarn over to increase and my next lesson will be how to decrease to do the other half. I know it is baby steps, but it is a new trick for me.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
New Trick for the New Year
Well, the girls have been trying to get me knitting and I am a slow learner, or maybe I just didn't want to work on a scarf because that is all I ever make. So good friend Patricia came over yesterday and showed me how to do a wash cloth half way. So I learned how to yarn over to increase and my next lesson will be how to decrease to do the other half. I know it is baby steps, but it is a new trick for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It kinda looks like a bikini!
Yahoo!
A wee bit chilly for that yet...
Great Job Mom! Isn't your girl friend nice to show you all this new stuff.
That's exactly how I made all of the Christmas dish cloths for my sister-in-law. Once you get the hang of it, you'll get into a rhythm, and you can crank out a whole dish cloth in an evening.
Can you show me how to make one?
I actually thought it was a bikini at first too.. :)
Ronna
How's the progress?
I found a project sheet with a knit pattern and a crochet pattern for dishcloths here.
The end of my first washcloth looks like a platypus bill. My instructions are different..but the link you sent looks pretty clear. I will try it.
I am getting close to the end of #2 and I'm getting nervous.
Post a Comment