It's no surprise that my mind still wanders back to Camden. The pictures you have seen so far are pictures that could have been taken anywhere. There are sadder pictures... street after street of condemned buildings, closed down stores that successfully unplugged the future for the downtown shopping district, parks with so many needles that it is unsafe to be there....
But this was the saddest mark of history that I photographed. The graveyard of the crack babies. Like everything else, the graveyard is in pretty bad shape.
3 comments:
wow. God have mercy.
I see what you mean by the tin grave markers. It's so sad, but God loves every single one of those little souls..
any more photos from the trip? Thank you for the updates!
Lots more photos, but they're on Rick's site. I need to send myself some so I can use them.
And yes, I think it was God's mercy that the little babies died. Better to be with the Lord than beginning an addicted life, with an addicted mom etc...
Post a Comment