Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bunny and Joe were Here!

The Ugly Truth behind this picture is that Bunny and Joe Mainly Came for the CRABS. Here is proof. The crabbing season was severely shortened by a week and a half. That left us 3 short days to crab. We wasted no time getting out there and getting our quotas. The first pot we pulled had 20 Crabs in it. We are not talking dinky blue crabs. We are talking Mouth Watering, hand biting, Dungeoness Crabs!! Oh, the Hand biting Joe can attest to. He got clamped but good and it drew blood!

There is one satisfied customer.
This is the absolute beginning of the feast. Everything looks way tooooo neat!
Oh my, I can almost smell the Old Bay now. We have taken to stunning the crabs at the dock and ripping their appendages down the middle. It cleans them out lickety split and makes for cleaner cleaning if you get my drift. The meat is slightly drier, but not bad.
This was taken by Buns on the whale watch tour. I was buttoned up tight and hat pulled low, eating a pretzel. Since I got this short haircut I have been mistaken for a man. I am getting tired of this. Honestly, do you really have to have longer hair or lipstick on to distinguish? Don't answer that. I am wearing Joe's coat cuz' he doesn't and I like it. It was perfect with all it's pockets and it's my favorite Green!

4 comments:

Lavishly Loved said...

Bet Buns wishes she and Joe had come out more often! What a catch. I can just taste them now...
Great shots of a fun time.

Robb said...

I feel your pain. Who is the rest of the world to tell us how our hair should be...short or long, it does not matter, its does not make us who we are. This past Christmas holiday, Barb and I went out to dinner with my parents. We all sat down, a waiter came by and got the drink order. First my mother, father, Barb, and then he said, "And for you MA'AM. Surprisingly I did not care, I liked my hair long, regardless of what he thought.

old dog said...

I didn't react after each incident but I felt like I needed to put on lipstick, earrings and make sure my chest was showing!

Barb Mowery said...

We'll send you one of those Victoria's Secret va-va-va-voom bras for your birthday...then there will be no more mistakes!