Friday, October 23, 2009

2nd Annual Doughnut Day!!

Would you believe these are leftovers? It's true! We made at least 2X what's pictured but we had some serious quality control issues to constantly monitor.
Quinn and Rick had fun with the blackboard pantry door. Rick's pig is fierce.
Ron never has a vacant lap. Last year at our first Doughnut Day, Ron only had one doughnut. ONE. Never again. He'll be eating doughnuts for weeks!
Doesn't he look innocent? Rick found a new friend.
This was at the beginning of the afternoon, and it was a giddy feeling seeing the pans fill up. Ronna just couldn't control herself.
Even Diesel is trying to appear "uninterested".
Angie enjoys the first Maple Bar of the season.
Living proof that we made them and didn't fly over to Krispy Kreme's.
Kira was the expert dipper and I was just her assistant.
Icing done properly, with the pinky extended.
Man, I think I can smell the goodness. Enjoy Kathy, now Dick will see what we were up to...
Ronna's got a runny eye...
I cannot believe that in all the pictures Barb, the mastermind cook and chief tormentor, eluded my lens. How did that happen? Well, I will work on getting other pictures at our knitting group once I start back. I hope I don't start a run on Dunkin Doughnuts with this post. I ate one donut and one hole. It was enough. Sugar doesn't have the same hold on me it used to (but don't hold me to that!)

5 comments:

Barb Mowery said...

These pictures are great! I think I would have the same crazed look as Angie if I could get my hands on a homemade maple bar.

Lavishly Loved said...

Now that is a post I could have really sunk my teeth into!
Did I miss my invitation?
Hummmmm?

gramBO said...

Yummy. You are in charge of donuts for Thanksgiving breakfast! Can't wait !! For you as well as your doughnuts! Mom & Dad

gramBO said...

Yummy. You are in charge of donuts for Thanksgiving breakfast! Can't wait !! For you as well as your doughnuts! Mom & Dad

Mike & Shannon said...

Hey! I would have helped!! That looks like so much fun, and yummy!! FUN day for you all! What did you do with all those donuts anyway??