Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

This is a couple of pictures of the quilt I made for Lou and Susan. Angie helped me sew on some of the buttons and some binding since I was racing against the clock.
I get so sentimental about some things. This quilt contains some of the fabric from my mother's stash as well as fabric from mine. I wanted this to be a blend of our fabrics so that Lou and Susan would feel they had a gift from us both. I know my mom Dorothy had wanted to make quilts for all her kids. Being a quilt purist who only hand pieced and hand quilted, there was not enough time to complete her wishes. Pictured above are her own small scissors that helped me while I sewed on the buttons.
All done with love... Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Barb Mowery said...

Wow, the quilt is gorgeous!!!!