Rick and Jenny are on the ferry as I write this post. It is time for Jenny to report to San Antonio and Dad is helping with the three and a half day drive. They will consume lots of sunflower seeds, gum, sing songs, listen to books on cd and make many memories. I envy them that time but I am a lousy long distance driver so Rick gets the honor. Did you notice my nest is looking empty? My heart is Sad today. Going away to college is one thing. Moving is another. Now I know what I put my poor Mother through. The chocolate souffle was amazing. Oh so good. The cheese bread looks amazing, took forever to cook but man oh man... smell that yeast? Jenny's engine hauling skills are not to be rivaled says her dad. Looks like she's going to saddle up. And though this year's catch has been low to no crabs on some days, it is always fun going out and actually doing the crabbing. Throwing the girls back. Getting out on the water. What a great summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment