At quilt camp I fell in love with this fabric. I kept looking at it and dreaming of making an apron out of it. Then when I went past it's spot... it was gone. Yikes. I knew there were some serious fabriholics there but after lunch there was an unprecedented feeding frenzy. Oh, whoa is me, I waited too long. I looked everywhere. Then I saw "HER". She had the bolt tucked neetly under her arm. I ran up to her and said are you buying all of that? Oh no, just a yard. Then I saw HER. The woman walking closely behind. I told her that I went into a depression when I saw the bolt was gone. I NEEDED some. She said "how much do you need not to go into a depression"? I told her 2 yards would do it. "Oh, that's a lot" and she pondered my fate. I caved and said 1 1/2 would probably be ok. She held me to it and then she took the rest of the bolt (which turned out to be 10 2/3 yds) I had to buy a complimentary 1/2 yd of the pink/red print for the pockets. I made the apron the other night and just love it. It is the old fashioned cover your entire body kind with great pockets. It is just what I dreamed of and simple to make.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
New Apron
At quilt camp I fell in love with this fabric. I kept looking at it and dreaming of making an apron out of it. Then when I went past it's spot... it was gone. Yikes. I knew there were some serious fabriholics there but after lunch there was an unprecedented feeding frenzy. Oh, whoa is me, I waited too long. I looked everywhere. Then I saw "HER". She had the bolt tucked neetly under her arm. I ran up to her and said are you buying all of that? Oh no, just a yard. Then I saw HER. The woman walking closely behind. I told her that I went into a depression when I saw the bolt was gone. I NEEDED some. She said "how much do you need not to go into a depression"? I told her 2 yards would do it. "Oh, that's a lot" and she pondered my fate. I caved and said 1 1/2 would probably be ok. She held me to it and then she took the rest of the bolt (which turned out to be 10 2/3 yds) I had to buy a complimentary 1/2 yd of the pink/red print for the pockets. I made the apron the other night and just love it. It is the old fashioned cover your entire body kind with great pockets. It is just what I dreamed of and simple to make.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a curmudgeon that lady was, only letting you have 1.5 yards! What on earth was she going to do with the whole bolt? Greedy... Your apron turned out super cute. I like how full-coverage it is, so it really protects your clothing when you're cooking. Are you really going to let food get on it???
Oh, and what is "quilt camp"?
The lady was actually very likeable. She was recovering from hip surgery so she was setting herself up with projects to keep herself busy. She was going to make bags. She bought 4 whole bolts from the same collection. I wanna see the bags when they are done!
I'm so glad you're back! I feel so left out because I don't participate in the Facebook culture. I look forward to seeing more posts.
I don't like Facebook either. I always check your blog. Yes! I feel connected again!
Ahh, you didn't tell me this wonderful apron story! I love it, do you have a pattern or did you just visualize and cut?
Post a Comment