Well I have to say that getting ready to ride the Zip Line provides you with some of the most unflattering pictures you will ever have taken of you. You feel like a turkey trussed up for Thanksgiving with the trimmings. :) We signed our lives away on paper... got briefed on the longest zip line in Washington State (1,000 feet) and then began our walk up to the far Tower.
While walking up we were able to watch others Zippppp by and the sound the wire makes is exactly why they call it a Zip Line... in my humble opinion. The tower is supposed to be the highest structure in the entire San Juans. All this is supposed to make you feel SuperCool that you are going to "step off" into the air... Well. Once inside the tower you see the awesome climbing wall that Camp Orkila enjoys with their campers. Keep walking up, up, up.
You wait in line. Hear others getting briefed on how to position yourself for stopping... how to go real fast... Oh and no jumping off. You climb two steps and then just lift your feet. No bravery necessary! Off we go!!
I think this is a picture of Joe and random partner starting out... looks like Joe's ahead
I wanna go, I wanna go again!!! Thank You Camp Orkila for an Awesome fun thing to do for FREE at the Community ZIP !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh the joy! You look like you had a great time.
Post a Comment