Well we took the long trip to go see Joe at school. Along the way we stopped by Ginger and Dave's in Yakima for an overnight. We stayed up chatting into the wee hours like school girls and then started in again in the morning. It was great fun and sorry to see it end. I just know I would have too much fun if I ever lived nearby Ginger and Dave! No pictures there. Silly me. We spent a couple of days with Joe dropping off a couple of things and taking some things back home that he will not need in the dorm room. On the way home we decided to take the Steven's Pass Route to see new scenery. While in Leavenworth there was a fire in the hills. The helicopter in the first picture is one of 3 or 4 that was taking turns on the "bucket brigade". We stopped and watched for close to a half hour. It is fascinating and scary to see how a fire reacts during the fighting.
The Buckets were refilled down the river and if you look closely you can spot the helicopter as it is refilling. It seems almost lost among the trees. Precision work not for the faint of heart.
This shot was taken on the return trip home. Such a gorgeous day and Mt. Baker was showing off shamelessly.
Ahh a rest stop for us and the dog. It was very warm on our entire trip and we were careful to keep hydrated and take extra stops along the way. If we had more time we might have tried out some of the trails...
I just thought this was cute and probably honest. It makes me want to adopt an ugly duckling.
Looks a little sleepy? Not sure where I took this but it's a keeper!
Angie and I played "beauty shop" doing our nails in the Jamberry wraps. This is the fanciest thing ever to adorn my little chicklet nails!
And living proof that we are officially in the season of Fall. We always like to get great produce in the Yakima Valley to make the next year's supply of salsa. It is a fine batch this year. Now we can breathe easy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment