Thursday, September 4, 2014

Signs of Fall

 To already have Red Fallen Leaves on Sept. 4th seems premature but that is how our weather has been. We seem to be two weeks early. Does this mean a rough winter? I should have asked the caterpillar that was scootin' on the sidewalk a couple of days ago.  Seemed to have on a dark fuzzy coat with spikes of yellow every half inch. It just might be my favorite time of year?
 So we get these beautiful views while we water a friend's flower garden. Sometimes it is just hard to concentrate on the task up there. They live on the tippy top of a Mt. Oh, and by the way, this view is for sale. Yes comes with a house. I can put you in touch with the owners if you'd like to secure this for retirement, weekends or everyday.
 This set up reminds me of the movie "Holes" and Kissin Kate Barlow. But the mug was my best find at a yard sale. The coffee is the real reason I was excited today. Just a day to ease into tasks.
So the tasks for the day besides the usual dishes are Make Milk from soaked almonds, then make granola from leftover almond meal. It's in the dehydrator right now.  Then on to make vegetable broth that I will freeze until I need it. This is the perfect task to clean out the hydrator drawers in the fridge.  I can't believe I am totally out of carrots. The broth is still simmering (90 min.) and soon will be strained and into jars. Then since the drawers are empty... time to clean the fridge.  This remind you of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie?"  Oh yes, and the plums were ripening too fast said the fruit flies, so I cut them in half and they too are in the dehydrator. I  hope to escape to the sewing area for more organizing. It is going to take a year to get it done... and I have a baby quilt to begin.  Any guesses who this one is for?  Margaret!

So thanks for stopping by for a glimpse of my Thursday morning!

No comments: