Saturday, January 24, 2015

Food and Fun in South Korea

 So I know I should eat authentic Korean food in Korea... but we were craving Thai food. The above was fresh spring rolls. They put that sauce on them and it was tasty, but had a fishy aftertaste so it was nix for me.But look how lovely even the "side" lettuce looks.
 My veggies were superb and my teddy bear rice was almost too cute to eat. Such good food.
 Jenny took us to a Vegan restaurant that had this poster  of Famous Vegetarians at the entry where you take off your shoes. We got to sit on the floor and of course eat with chopsticks Korean style.

 We were very tired in the afternoon... who knows which day and then we met friends in the subway. Who knew I could use a little music from a sweet piggy? And of course Rick has always had a soft spot for cats. He too loved finding fun along the way.

 Now a little mexican food went a long way. Loved it. I think this was Rick's last meal before going to the airport to go by byes.
 We were trying to imitate Mo's picture of drinking hot chocolate. We were not drinking hot chocolate but it was fun pretending. Puroro is my Korean little penguin hero.
 They always laughed if I looked at the vending machines... But in the red case are gas masks always at the ready for when the enemy may come. Also notable is the availability of recycle bins. Very conscientious.
 Who knew they made chocolate candy in the DMZ? I had a little piece... don't worry Switzerland, nothing to worry about.
On Jenny's big day with her ROK fellow officers. They respect Jenny and honored her with equivalent promotion "bars" and a great photo of all the ROC Army soldiers Jenny teaches.
We had our first Bubble Tea. Strange sensation to suck fruit through your straw and then chew it up. I had coconut in mine.

No comments: