Lately I've been doing some jam making. Let's see... Strawberry freezer jam, Strawberry cooked jam, Raspberry f.j. & cooked. Today I will make Blackberry/Raspberry cooked. Though I love freezer jam's freshness, I like the jelledupness of the cooked jam. I was also given the secret recipe of my girlfriend's spiced peach jam. All this I am making in low sugar and really like it. The sad part of this story is that no matter how many jars I can of infinitesimal combination of luscious fruits (locally grown or not) my dear husband's heart belongs to Welch's. Yes, it is Grape Jelly he loves.
Angie made up some wonderful Mango salsa last night and we had it over top a filet of Talapia. It was soooo goood. I forgot to take a picture! I snarfed it down so quickly.
She also made some fresh hummus with garlic olives and it was manifique!
So this food journey ends with breakfast. I am back to my Fiber One, and loving it. Who'd have thought some psuedo chinese noodles could steal my affection??? (At least until there's a sale on Wheaties!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am SURE there are dozens of your friends who would love (hint hint) some of your jam if the husband won't eat it!
This blog post is making me hungry!
Post a Comment