You may be wondering what this one is all about. Well, I was just doin' what I normally do. Cram 10 things "I gotta do" into a very tight time frame. So I was up early and did 1/2 hr. Wii Exercise, got dressed and went to Medical Center to get BP and Weight checked. Then I gobbled my breakfast, because you don't want to weigh in after breaky. Then I cleaned a client's house for 3 hours. Back home for a quick bite to eat before going to give blood. All was well. I had an apt. with my walking partner that would be timed perfectly for when I get done giving blood. I know, don't give me the lecture. We walk her dog, we are not climbing mountains. That said, I decided to phone her to give me an extra 15 minutes in case it went long at the fire hall. At three o'clock I had my arm in the air and was waiting on my arm wrap.I went to the canteen to have some juice and cookies cuz' that's why everybody gives, when I started feeling warm and fuzzy in the head. I told the gal next to me that I was dizzy. That is the last thing I remember for a while. I guess I threw my head and Betty kept me from divotting my head or the table. They laid me on the floor and for the next couple of hours that's where I stayed until my blood pressure rose. I guess I was a scary shade of green and blue. I was so nauseous. Rick came and while I was getting some better, he gave blood. I was able to sit, then stand. We bee-lined to the bathroom because I had wet myself. I was given a nice pair of fireman's pants to wear and allowed to go back to the Canteen and have more juice and crackers this time. I think I'm allergic to the cookies:)All told, I was at the firehall almost 4 hours! Some people will do just about anything for some attention and cookies.
7 comments:
oH.MY.GOODNESS.
How are you feeling now? I hope all better!
I wasn't even too embarrassed. I was too out of it. Today someone I barely know approached me in the grocery store. "I hear you passed out, are you OK?" Here it begins...
I am feeling fine.
Instant celebrity....great.
Hey girl, you are so skinny! I am very excited for you! You must feel amazing, when you are conscious of course..lol!
Think of you everyday. Any more news about coming here this fall for you?
We had hopes for after Christmas. Don't know if that will happen. *sigh*
Holy moly! But you are all right now? That's really scary. I always get rejected at the blood drive b/c the nurses cannot find my teeny tiny veins.
Hey, if you're passing out in public, maybe you're pregnant?! ;)
Been there, done that with you!
how much blood did they take?!!! Sheesh!!
Glad you are ok!
Post a Comment