Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Created Things...

This is the quilt I wanted my grand daughter to know us by. It can be a story quilt to share stories and memories of times together, crabbing, tidepooling etc... I hope Maureen gets to pick up a starfish all on her own someday.
The big crabs are dungeoness and the little crab is a Maryland blue crab :)
My first attempt at creating a felted Hedgehog was for Jenny for her birthday. She always said she wanted one, so when I saw the pattern I decided to try it.

I loved the results so I wanted to make a fun one for Maureen. I broke the no stuffed animal rule, but I think Grandma's are allowed to break the rules from time to time.

4 comments:

Mike & Shannon said...

The quilt is amazing! Great job, I know Maureen will love it....and the cute hedgehog too! You are so talented! Will there be any more photos of your time with your daughter & granddaughter? :o)

old dog said...

Ok, I loaded some more!!

Lavishly Loved said...

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please.....I have $$$$$ They are just too cute!!

Lavishly Loved said...

I mean the hedgehog, but I REALLY like the quilt too :) Awesome work my friend!