I had seen a quilt pattern called "Painted Forest" that would not let me alone. I kept thinking of it and how I wanted mine to look like. Still I had not bought the pattern yet. I decided it was time to take the plunge in October. I had another quilt to work on for Angie's Christmas present and it would consume me until I could complete it and get it to the long arm quilter. I secretly hoped I would have a chance to play with at the November quilt camp... But there was no wiggle room at all. It had to wait.
I got all my fabrics chosen from my stash, cut the different tree parts out and put them each in a file folder. I decided to try putting one together before camp. It was habit forming. I then realized that they were complex and the more I could get done ahead the better. I completed 7 trees before camp on Friday. I had 7 to go, then add the extra pieces that make it a forest and join the two halves.
At show and tell I only had one half assembled so I showed it. The next morning I worked on getting it squared up and fully assembled. I love it and am so glad I made it.
I need to tell you the pattern is by Scott Hansen of Blue Nickel Studios "Painted Forest". It is available at Craftsy or through his website/blog.
Barb Griffin and I are holding it up at Show and Tell time...
![]() |
| Half done :) |
![]() |
| My Aspen Grove |


No comments:
Post a Comment