Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Mighty Oak, Jr.

To think that this little tree came from an acorn from the parent oak behind my childhood homestead.  We gathered the acorns in fall of 1997. After giving them to my neighbor who has a green thumb, he germinated them and grew two lovely trees. Unfortunately, the runt tree succumbed to the lawn mowers repeated attacks.  Jr. survived and this year will be 9 years old. 

2 comments:

Lavishly Loved said...

That is very cool. I like seeing your yard again.
Are you planning to still be there in Sept 2008? We are thinking about coming out one more time before you head out for your next chapter :]
How about a picture of nugget?
Love ya,
me

Kate said...

WOW! Awesome to "meet" you...if you are Teresa then I have heard MUCH MUCH MUCH about you and it's fun to "see" you in person! Thanks for your comments...I am totally cracking up at the story of you and Kathy at Rocks (I mean I'm sorry you got hurt and almost died according to K) but you guys going back and forth about it is down right funny! SO good to have "old" friends! Have a LOVELY day!! Looking forward to reading about your bloggy adventures! You go girls! :D
Love,
Kari