Have a nice day and a nice read... especially if you have a small person who can climb into your lap!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Reading...
I enjoy reading. I do not remember everything I read but it is my relaxing choice over TV. Last night I finished a book titled "Plain and Simple" by Sue Bender. I have always enjoyed books about the Amish, but they are usually fiction. Having grown up close by the PA Amish, I have taken a liking to the fiction. As of late, there are many more authors out there than I can afford. This sweet book I picked up at Serendipity in Friday Harbor. Now that is a fun stop, and used books need a new home don't you know. This book offers a look into the author's life, heart and can I say creative soul to find answers beyond herself and in the Amish family and community. It all begins with seeing her first Amish quilt and it calls her and draws her into her quest for more. Can you tell I liked the book? I might even loan it to you if you ask nicely and see it safely home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would like to borrow the book please. Was that nice enough?
Today was BSF day and the weekly picnic. I took Abby a Fireman book. She was so exhausted she couldn't sit up to eat. She had to lean on Mom-Mom. We had our shoes off and played tootsies together. It was very fun *smile*
Post a Comment