we went out in the field and observed and followed the planning and execution of an ambush.
He is home now and I wish I could say he is resting comfortably, but he is uncomfortable, usually in pain and being very good about it all.
Later we enjoyed meeting Jenny's roomies and family and joined them for dinner at Red Robin.
phone call that changed our plans, and it came in while we were out in the field after the ambush. We recieved a call that Joe had broken his leg during the homecoming football game and that he was being airlifted to a hospital in Bellingham. Our brains became a little foggy as we tried to wrap our thoughts around what was happening back home.
Joe was flown off in a helicopter, and Angie was able to meet him at the hospital. It didn't take long for them to decide that he had broken both bones in his lower left leg and needed surgery. Stu and Gerry Baker were there also and able to stay until the surgery was over. A titanium rod was inserted in Joe's bone and he was casted in a soft cast. He has to have the permanent one casted in a week or so. He will be in a cast for 20 weeks.
We left Spokane, driving straight to Bellingham. We got there just before 6 on Sunday morning. Joe was released to go home by 11 that day! Yikes.
God took such good care of him and he was aided by tons of people who love and care for him. It is wonderful to ponder how much love we have been blessed by.
We are all tired so I will stop here.
Never a dull moment!
2 comments:
Poor Joe! (Did he have a homecoming date who got left behind?--granted, he had a pretty good excuse to stand a girl up...) We've been thinking about him all week. Did I tell you that Robb's brother Kevin spent 2 years on crutches in high school? Ug.
By the way, just when you thought there was too much of me online, I started a blog: http://www.bbmowery.blogspot.com/. I love reading art/craft blogs so much, I thought maybe I could start one. :)
didn't even recognize the Jenny girl!
So grown up!
Post a Comment