Sunday, September 7, 2008

Univited Guest



I try to practice hospitality because it does not come naturally to me...  But when someone shows up late on Friday night and causes my dog to have a barking fit that can not be calmed, right when I was ready for bed, it's kind of hard to have warm fuzzies.  Unless your visitor is fuzzy.  We borrowed a live trap from a friend and captured the ferret easily.  He dined on cat food and water, didn't care for tuna fish much and slept soundly in our shed.  In the morning we took photos and discussed how to take care of our guest.  Let's just say we didn't have the heart to end his days, though we probably should have.  They  are a terror with chickens etc...  But we took him for a ride and he lives in the country.  He was awful cute. Maybe we should have built a hutch and reformed him?

2 comments:

joyfilledlife said...

Hi Theresa! Sorry..I've been really busy. Bo's year is going pretty well. THey've won a game and lost a game. His classes are going well, but he's been sick this past week with a bad cold so isn't feeling the best.

I have two jobs, had two small groups (but am down to leading one and going to one), and am planning away...
How are you?

Lavishly Loved said...

An albino ferret? You should have sold him! Must be worth a pretty penny?