Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Catch of the Day

So I am laying in bed just before 7:00 having a good sleep in and I hear the cat enter through the cat door. There seems to be a little commotion and then a scream. What?? I get up and tell Rick that the cat's brought something in that screams. I close off the room and get a flash light and gloves. It could be a rat. Meanwhile Midnight is running behind Rick's bookcase, around, middle shelf, papers are flying, another scream and then we see the little eye peeking out between two books. It's a bunny, a baby bunny! We've never seen baby bunnies around our house let alone inside! Somehow Rick gets to it before Midnight. Oh it's so cute and it's little heart is doing pitter patter. Notice in the picture above Rick's new Geek Clock that only he can read! Thanks Barb and Robb!
Of course we had to wake up the girls. How often can you say you caught a baby bunny in your bedroom (say that fast 5 times) Jenny took a movie of it and I will post it when she forwards it to me. Oh so cute. We then had to get Nugget inside for Rick to go let the bunny loose. Nugget would love a new squeaky toy. All is well. Meanwhile, Midnight is still looking around in the bedroom for his prize.

3 comments:

Barb Mowery said...

It's like Wild Kingdom around your house lately! First a bird, now a bunny. What's next?

old dog said...

a bunny funeral.
Got home from cleaning Teezer's and they/he had dragged the bunny into the living room. I was so upset. I am ready to bean the cats with the shovel. Poor sweet bunny.

old dog said...

I guess it is wild kingdom.
I failed to mention the mouse and rat that they had killed. Oh, and they managed to kill a bird and keep it outside.
So far they are just killers, not consumers.
Yuk