Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The New Take on Gardening 2009

Does this picture make you curious? Gardening for the Boucher's is changing!
This is a new kind of trellis box for beans or peas. Notice that there is no bottom to the planter.
Angie and Rick got busy on making boxes for our container gardening.
The square foot boxes are perfect on the steps and have sweet peas, calendula, vibernum and carnations. I hope they take off if it ever gets warm here.
And here you have an original copy cat "topsy turvy". We planted two tomato plants and cilantro in another. It is my official salsa garden. But look, isn't it cool to convert the swing that we never get to sit on, at least for a season to see if it works? I'm willing to give it a good try. Very fun trying to do some different things to make gardening work for us and not us "work" for a garden.

3 comments:

Barb Mowery said...

Ohmygoodness, this all looks so cool!!! I hope you chronicle the garden's progress through the season here. :)

Lavishly Loved said...

Very artsy! Just what I would expect from you! Have lots of fun with it!
And like bbm says, do chronicle it!

Patricia said...

I thought you were going to have the tomatoes coming out in four different spots around the bucket? do my eyes deceive me? are they coming out of the bottom of the bucket? You guys are having too much fun.