The Community Band in all it's Glory played at the fireworks display and at the parade on Saturday. They do such a wonderful job of making the day special. This was taken at our new outdoor band shelter in the park on the 4th. The men's choir from church were singing a few wonderful patriotic songs. This is one of the new pumper trucks that can extract water from a pond in two minutes and then put out the fire. In fact on the evening of the 4th just before fireworks it did just that. Unfortunately, the house was lost but the fire did not spread. Thank You Brave Firefighters! This is one of my favorite pictures. These fine people are from the Park Service on San Juan Island and they give interpretive talks and reenactments of battles and how things were way back when. They are awesome. Gotta get a close up of Joe and Greg!
I just love hearing the bands play! That is my favorite part. Especially the drum line. Very cool. Looks like you had gray weather as well. It kept the scorching sun at bay:) I was grateful! Great shots.
1 comment:
I just love hearing the bands play! That is my favorite part. Especially the drum line. Very cool. Looks like you had gray weather as well. It kept the scorching sun at bay:) I was grateful!
Great shots.
Post a Comment