Saturday, July 19, 2008

Some Days are Just for Living

We started our day off on the water checking  our crab pots.  Oh my, it was just like the Deadliest Catch. Massive amounts of crab in our small pot. The first had 20 and the second 12.  We only had Rick with a license so we took our five Jumbo Dungeness and threw back 27. I didn't even notice one female, which is awesome. Yikes!!  Yes it's true. Now not all of them were keepers, but the vast majority were worthy of steaming.  This caused Angie much anguish and she bought a license to be able to score at least 5 more today.  In fact I just got a phone call and they are on their way home with 5 good sized boys.  They had to throw 9 back, only one of them keeper sized, and 3 females.  So I've got the steamer pot heating up and they will be sportin' red shells very soon. Can you smell the Old Bay??  I guess tomorrow afternoon will be devoted to picking crab?

I took a video clip of the first pot and I just can't get blogger to load it up. I will try again tomorrow. For now you will just have to take my word for it.  So Rick had to kick up his heels and do a couple of donuts to celebrate before we took the boat back in to dock. Such a fun way to start and end a day.

1 comment:

Cordial said...

Oh, I constantly wish I were there. Remember last summer when you taught all of us how to pick crab???

I have some photos somewhere -- Maureen, Terri and Sue so focused and you laughing and laughing.

Your crab cakes are the absolute best!

And go well with pie