Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ladies Luncheon at Camp Orkila

I think we have been in hibernation tooooo long this year. It seems like everyone wanted to get out of the house and celebrate Spring together at the Annual Ladies Luncheon. The weather cooperated and it was delightful strolling through the campus of Orkila remembering the days when the kids were little and we were going to swim lessons etc...
I am usually a homebody and don't enjoy crowds much, but even I attended.
Above was a wonderful worship set of music presented/given by Nicole, Ronna and Ryan. It was very nice.


Barb Iwarsson, our fearless leader, set the stage for welcoming everyone, thanking those that had helped make it happen as well as Orkila for the excellent food.
The centerpieces and this quilt were made by volunteers to give a homey effect to our Patchwork theme. Camp Orkila's rustic lodge and fantastic fireplace made it oh so comfortable.

Natalie Montgomery Warren was our featured speaker. She was such an interesting speaker. Both funny and touching. Pointing the way to a faithful God through her patchwork life. I am so glad she spoke to us. I am sure everyone was touched in one way or another, leaving everyone blessed.

2 comments:

Lavishly Loved said...

LOVE all the quilts!! What a lovely setting with all that color around her.
Sounds like you had a delightful time. I love women's retreats. I love focusing on the Lord Jesus within the scope of our daily lives. Sharing the joys and sorrows with kindred hearts.
Wish I could have been there with you....

Patricia said...

I am soooooo very jealous!It looks so lovely I really wished I could have been there. Oh well next time.