Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Chickens are Organizin'


Why do I want to get rid of our chickens?  I Love to see them roam around, and I am very fond of their eggs.  I think it has something to do with the late night raids from Racoons that set Nugget to barking.  I have seen the carnage that racoons make and I do not want to witness it again.  I am also cheap and their cracked corn is costing a pretty penny these days.  But they are pets....

3 comments:

Lavishly Loved said...

Peace and quiet has always won out with me. And you can eggs around here for about .89 a dozen. How much out there? Does it compare with the price of feed?

Saw Colleen and Buns at the craft fair on Saturday. Fun!

old dog said...

Our eggs are farm fresh brown and greens. To buy them from free range chickens would cost at least $2 a dozen. The regular x large eggs at the market are at least $1.69 or more.
Rick says what's that got to do with chickens organizing? They have come up with a plan to move to a new home on Saturday. Going to live in the country....

Bernadette (Bunny) Weatherly said...

You can't get rid of them! Oh beast, don't do it. Do you have a coop for them or do they run free all the time? Get plenty of pics of them before they go. I just love them.
Ha, love to eat them too.