Thursday, March 6, 2008

Feeling 93%

Influenza
I have had it for 16 days. The first 4-5 days with fever that would not break.  Bad coughs that left me sore in my side and inability to take a deep breath or medium breath.  Sleeping in a recliner, thinking it would help me not cough so much.  Finding that sleeping in bed was more restful after all, feeling wellness creeping back into my bones. And finally able to sleep and maintain without medication.  I am feeling pretty good.  It's that last 7% that lingers on with cough.  That tries to tell me "you can't sing for Easter".
Making myself rest... it just takes time.   

3 comments:

Bernadette (Bunny) Weatherly said...

Sorry Beast, sounds like a bad one. My last day is today and I'm counting the minutes. Instead of thinking of the negative I'm focusing on the endless tasks that I plan to attack first thing Monday. I am going to act as if I'm going to work except... no use of gas and no lost time for travel.
Sounds like a plan. Oh yea, somewhere in there I guess I'll look for employment. Yuk!

old dog said...

Heaven help Joe! Hey, did you ever get that moulding up?

Bernadette (Bunny) Weatherly said...

No he never finished the moulding, the bedroom door hasn't been refinished and hung since I painted the room back in 1999. So we have no door on the bedroom. When you are in the living room you can look right in. My Joe is not a handy man. He'll farm it out at some point.

Feeling better today?