Friday, June 13, 2008

Later On... Same Day.... Band Concert

The Orcas Island Community Band under the direction of Joe Babcock is one of the best kept secrets of O.I.  But it shouldn't be a secret, they love to play for an audience.  A Tribute to Leroy Anderson was the theme of the performance and once again the band was superb.

Another reason I am partial to the band is that I know most everyone in the band.  Joe has played for so many years I can't remember when he started.  I will be including a clip of Amazing Grace as soon as Rick can splice it for me.  I will also include a short of The Typewriter by Leroy Anderson

1 comment:

Lavishly Loved said...

Very nice. Can't wait to hear the Typewriter. Love that one.
Hey, I just stopped in at Icky's blog. And I often stop in at Barbs.
Have you been to Enjoy the ride lately? The kids are really growing! Chloe is doing wonderful, Kari got a job and Alex is out of school for the summer.
Clustrmap I am sure works. I have no idea who all has looked at my blog in the foreign countries, but this is fun. As you can see, you and I look at it the most! Kelly visits alot as well. She is the big dot in North Carolina.